The Amuri Ski Club was founded in 1957 by a group of farmers keen on having somewhere in North Canterbury to ski. The Club runs the Hanmer Springs Ski Area (formerly the Amuri Ski Field) and is affiliated to the Canterbury Snowsports Association.
Although anyone can ski or board at Hanmer Springs Ski Area there are many great benefits of becoming a member of the Amuri Ski Club. These include greatly discounted rates for lift passes, accommodation, participating in the upkeep management and development of our ski club and social interaction with like minded people.
When mother nature plays the game we come together for fun events like the Club Champs family friendly day of racing and R18 dress up event; the Bacardi Cup.
We hope to reinvigorate the calendar with more great club based events and look forward to inviting any help and ideas from our members.
Looking forward, the club will be driving a number of new initiatives for summer access and activities. We are very excited about these prospects and hope to share these with more like-minded members interested in being involved. Members enjoy the first word on all things snow and beyond by the inclusion in our newsletter database.
MEMBERS BENEFITS 2018:
PRE SEASON, MEMBERS ONLY SEASON PASS OFFER:
Offer expires June 30 2018 – (purchased in conjunction with a 2018 Membership subscription)
- $120 Senior/Student (Public N/A)
- $60 Junior (Public N/A)
Terms and Conditions:
Season Passes are non-transferable and not valid beyond the 2018 season.
As with all snow based passes, we cannot guarantee the length of the season or conditions.
OR MEMBERS RATES ON:
DAILY LIFT PASS RATE – FULL MOUNTAIN ACCESS:
$30 Senior (Public rate $60)
$30 Student (Public $50)
$15 Junior (Public $30)
Children 10 years and younger with skiing adult ski for free.
DAILY LIFT PASS RATE – BEGINNERS AREA ONLY:
$15 Senior (Public $30)
$10 Student (Public $25)
$10 Junior (Public $15)
STAY OVERNIGHT FOR:
$15 per person (Public $30)
$25 Family (2 adults/2 children. $5 per extra person) (Public $70)
MEMBERSHIP ALSO GETS YOU ….
- Entry into Club Champs and Farmers Cup
- Qualify to compete to win the Bacardi Cup!
- PLUS the chance to take a sense of pride in being "part of something". We ask for your say, your ideas, your help and advice when you are free and able to give it. There is no pressure, just the chance to meet other like minded people.
MEMBERS SUBS AND COSTS 2018:
- Household/Family – Maximum of 2 adults plus unlimited children that live in household.
- Senior – 18 years or older as of 1 June 2018
- Student – A student is one who has attained 18 years of age and is attending a recognized tertiary provider on a full-time basis. Valid ID must be presented on first day of skiing to claim student rated membership.
- Junior – Under 18 years of age as of 1 June 2018.
- Note: Children 10 years and under with paying adult, ski for free, but to be eligible for Club Champs need to be a paid up Junior Member.
- Non-Skiing Member – someone who would like to be involved with club, claim Member status for accommodation and be involved with the future of the ski field.
EARLY BIRD MEMBERSHIP SUBS OFFER : Available from today – April 30 2018
- $100 Household/Family
- $50 Senior
- $30 Junior/Student/Non-Skiing Member
Terms and Conditions:
If you are FIRST TIME EVER member, please note you will be required to pay the one off joining fee listed below.
PRE SEASON MEMBERSHIP SUBS : Available from May 1 – June 30 2018
- $180 Household/Family
- $80 Senior
- $50 Junior/Student/Non Skiing Member
IN SEASON MEMBERSHIP SUBS : Available from 1 July to end of 2018 season
- $240 Household/Family
- $120 Senior
- $60 Junior/ Student
- (Non skiing members remain at $50)
- All NEW incoming members to Amuri Ski Club will be charged a one off joining fee of $40 per person
- Members re-joining after many years will have this charge waived for 2018 ONLY.
- The Joining fee will be re-charged to any previous member if they have lapsed for 2 seasons or more.
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP LEVY
In line with all other ski clubs, we are introducing an entry level club membership levy.
This levy can be paid up front OR traded for working bees/committee assistance/weekend duty/member recruitment and is relevant only to Senior Members.
Total: $80 per person
Ways to pay off your Ski Club Levy:
- Attend 1x working bee in calendar year: reduce levy to $40
- Attend 2x working bees in calendar year: reduce levy to $0
- Assist with committee directed jobs: reduce levy to $40 or $0 at committee discretion
- Volunteer to be ‘Member on duty for weekend day’: reduce levy to $40
- Volunteer to be ‘Member on duty for full weekend’: reduce levy to $0
- Recruit 1x Senior Member: reduce levy to $40
- Recruit 2 x Senior Members/ Household group: reduce levy to $0
Working Bees: Below you will find the calendar of scheduled pre season workings bee’s.
These involve assisting in a variety of jobs that may include but are not limited to collecting and stacking firewood, road maintenance, building maintenance, cleaning, painting, lift and out building maintenance.
These are enjoyable days spent with hard working members and often include a stay overnight stay in the hut for those who are interested. We always encourage the extra hands of our junior members or friends of members.
Saturday 7 April
Saturday 5 May
Saturday 2 June
We will send out reminders of these dates through the newsletter and social channels along with specific tasks that will be undertaken at each.
Assistance with Committee directed jobs: Occasionally we will do a call out to see if we can save the club some money and mine the skills and talents of our membership base.
This might be as simple as some advice, a donated item for the lodge or a magical referral that will benefit the running of the ski field. It might be assisting in the set up/pull down/running of events or lending a hand for the Ski Ball.
It’s difficult to completely paint a picture here, but we are very motivated to work more closely with our members.
Member on Duty Weekends: in an attempt to keep our running costs in check, we are looking to limit the amount of paid staff on the mountain during the season. While this might actually not see us having “less” staff members in total, we want to support our volunteer staff and team with extra support over the busier weekends by supplying at least one member per Sat/Sun to be available to “help”.
This help may include: an extra pair of hands in the office for morning lift pass sales, someone to whip around a broom and wipe tables in the day lodge after the busy lunch period, a member to check in on evening cooking activity and guide new guests to the sink!
You are not required to take charge, simply be a friendly, supportive extra for the team if they should need you. And there is still PLENTY of time for skiing.
The Membership Levy can be chosen to be paid up front OR if choosing to pay with your time, we will invoice for payment remaining in September 2018. This allows time to attend working bees etc.
We are trialling a cost effective online membership subscription form this year!
Please click here to complete: ONLINE MEMBERSHIP FORM
Please read carefully. You will be required to tally your costs yourself to do a direct bank transder to the Ski Club Account at the completion of the form.
On your first day up the mountain you may be asked to complete additional forms for each new member. At the very least you will be asked to sign a form to complete the Membership Subscription process and guardians signing on behalf of Junior Members.
Season Pass cards will be issued at this time.